Hello! This is a page where you can find samples of my work as a broadcaster! Please feel free to watch/listen to my work. If you have any questions, inquires, etc., please feel free to email me: [email protected]. There’s a copy of my resume below. Thanks for viewing this page and have a great day!
Basketball (audio only):
(Pre-game Interview at around the 1:30 mark, You can tune in from roughly the 45-minute mark till the 54-minute mark) Note: I have also called football on the radio and given more details of play when the audience can’t see the field.
Softball (with video but game was also broadcasted on the radio):
Volleyball (with video):
Pre-game Coach’s Interview:
Promo: This is an example of one of the promos I made.
Radio Show: You can also listen to examples of me hosting a radio show here.
Here is a copy of my resume:
Carson J. Schubert
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Seven plus years of experience doing play-by-play in five different sports.
- Broadcasting experience at the Division 1 Level.
- Writing about three different sports, updating scores on Twitter.
- The ability to deliver an exciting play-by-play for the listening audience.
University of South Dakota, Vermillion, South Dakota
Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Marketing May 2020
Major: Sports Marketing and Media
John Thayer (voice of University of South Dakota) – phone: (308) 320-4027
Voice of the Lions January 2014 – December 2017
Central Lyon High School – Rock Rapids, Iowa
- As the play-by-play voice for the Lions, I covered football, boys and girls basketball, baseball, & volleyball.
- Help set up equipment when necessary. Updated the score on streams.
Sports Play-By-Play and Color Analyst September 2016 – December 2017
Sioux County Radio – Sioux Center, Iowa
- Play-by-play for 93.9 KSOU and 106.9 KIHK for high school teams in Sioux County, Iowa. Sports covered included: football, volleyball, both boys and girls basketball, baseball and softball.
- Operated and set up audio equipment for broadcasts before games.
- Showed ability to cover games as a play-by-play announcer, the color analyst, and preparation.
Voice of USD Volleyball August 2018 – December 2019
University of South Dakota – Vermillion, SD
- I was the voice for USD Volleyball for GoYotes.com. I announced the play-by-play during all the volleyball home games.
- Currently showing ability and willingness to work with a color analyst.
- Preparation by researching the teams to inform the audience of the teams playing.
Sports Reporter The Summers of 2017 – 2019
New Century Press – Rock Rapids, IA
- During those summers, I covered men and women’s golf, baseball and softball.
- I wrote articles, took pictures, and updated the scores on Twitter.
- Learned writing skills, how to interview coaches, and communicate with others.
Co-Sports Director August 2019 – May 2020
Coyote Radio – KAOR 91.1 FM (USD’s Student Radio Station)
- As Co-Sports Director I called games, made schedules for games, and helped run Social Media.
- The job also included setting up equipment, interviews, and hosting a radio show.
The Schuby Show May 2017 – Present
My own podcast
- While running my podcast, I have edited audio using both Garage Band and Adobe Audition.
- I update my own website with new episodes and have written articles on the site in the past.
- During my podcast, I have shown the ability to relate to my guest and have a strong conversation.
KVHT 106.3 / ESPN 101.5 / AM 1570 (Yankton, SD) August 2020 – November 2020
- This was a part time sales position at the radio station. I did also do some play-by-play for the station during my time there.
- I showed the ability to deliver an exciting play-by-play and also showed ability to perform as a color analyst.
Play-By-Play August 2020 – Present
Fuller Digital Solutions
- I have been doing play-by-play for Fuller Digital Solutions. I have done volleyball, softball, football, basketball, and will be doing baseball this summer as well. And on occasion running some streaming equipment.
ChurchSpring December 2020 – Present
For my full time job currently, I am working for a company called ChurchSpring as I look to get back into the radio field full time.